AREAS OF INTERVENTION
The following are priority areas for the operations of AdM and MdM:
1. Environment and Common Resurces of the Mediterranean: dedicated to defending those environmental resources threatened by pollution: sea, soil, ionosphere, flora and biodiversity. Defines criteria of protection and sustainable exploitation and seeks to ensure their application throughout the Euromediterranean.
2. Ethics and safeguarding of mental and physical health: dedicated to harmonising standards of health care throughout the Euromediterranean region, while recognising and respecting local ethics and concepts of mental and physical well-being. Defines and implements programmes of distribution of health services corresponding to the best practices recognised by the respective communities.
3. Psycho-social well-being and relations among individuals, families and groups: dedicated to studying relations at the micro-social level to promote and support initiatives which favour the quality of life in local communities and migrant groups. Activates projects enhancing relations and solidarity between genders, within the family and in social groupings, to move beyond a view of the individual as autonomous and unrelated and to build democracy and social participation.
4. Methodologies and programmes for urban development: dedicated to reinforcing local authorities, both by studying and generalising appropriate methodologies of participatory democracy and by designing and implementing programmes of infrastructural reinforcement and better management of public and local utilities. Defines methodologies of cooperative and partnership exhanges of professionalism and facilities, both in investment and management phases, in order to minimise costs. Defines benchmark standards for private operators.
5. Qualifying the migratory flow and social policies combating emargination: dedicated to promoting professional qualification of the migratory population, fostering training, entrepreneurial promotion, and introduction of forms of international economic partnership. Studies models of urban and rural settlement of the migratory population which respect ethics and lead to inter-cultural integration. Studies the juridical and administrative measures required to foster integration and promote throughput of income generated by migration.
6. Repristination and exploitation of minority skills and cultures in the Euromediterranean: dedicated to identifying repositories of environmental, productive, monumental and cultural resources. Promotes a network designed to create international circuits in which such resources can be adequately exploited in terms of professional training, production of top quality goods, and compatible tourism, in particular featuring the young and cultural values.
7. Generators of Euromediterranean culture: dedicated to fostering the dissemination and publishing initiatives able to promote and exploit expressions of contemporary culture, setting up and running a Museum of the Mediterranean, adminstering the Portal EUROMEDI.NET which collects and disseminates the results of Euromediterranean cooperation in a range of sectors, and the planning, in scientific and conceptual terms, of periodic Festivals of Euromediterranean culture.
8. Promotion of women’s presence in the labour market: dedicated to fostering the achievements of women at work, making the most of female competence in the networking of work and decision-making processes by means of consultancy available to organizations of public administration and social bodies and a School of Specialisation, with experimental, experiential and participative teaching methods, designed for women at the the various levels of company management. The focus will be transversal, across the various activities of the MdM using technical support and strategies for recycling women who have dropped out of the labour market.